Getting started driving for CDC Fleet
If you are an existing taxi driver with a current Victorian full driver licence and have a driver’s accreditation certificate with a Booking Service PIN Number, you can start anytime. Just drop by our office located at 1-13 Louis Street, Airport West or call us on (03) 9330 3231 between 5.30am to 5pm – Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm – Saturday and Sunday.
To get started, you must hold a valid Victorian full driver licence for a minimum 6 months. You will also need to obtain a Driver Accreditation through Commercial Passenger Vehicles Victoria, apply for an Australian Business Number (ABN) and attend a driver training session with 13CABS or Silver Top.
Once you completed the above steps and completed the driver training session with 13CABS or Silver Top, you will be issued with an active PIN Number to get you started. It is also recommended for you to apply for GST Registration and open a Taxi Driver Account with Linkt to get a Taxi Driver E-Tag.
With CDC Fleet, you can enjoy flexible shifts depending whether you prefer to work full time, part time or casual. We have a range of shift available – day or night shifts on weekday or weekend. Please call us on (03) 9330 3231 for more information.
You must first complete driver training / induction at the booking service providers, namely, 13CABS or Silver Top. Once you have completed your driver training, CDC Fleet can provide you the vehicle to get you started as taxi driver. At CDC Fleet, our experienced and friendly team will provide you an induction and further training to equip you with the knowledge to maximise your ability to earn a good income and minimise costly errors on road.
Just drop by our office located at 1-13 Louis Street, Airport West or call us on (03) 9330 3231 between 5.30am to 5pm – Monday to Friday and 9am to 5pm – Saturday and Sunday.
You must have a valid Victorian full driver licence for a minimum period of six months. In Victoria, it is also a requirement to have a driver accreditation to be able to drive a taxi. For more information, please visit cpv.vic.gov.au
At a minimum, you will need to have the items listed below to qualify for an immediate start.
- Driver must be in the proper and clean uniform
- Taxi Driver E-Tag (This is available when you open a Taxi Driver Account with Linkt)
- Current Photo ID issued by CPVV
- MPTP Driver Login Card to login Cabcharge EPTPOS machine
- Float Change (for example, $20, $10, %5 notes for change)
- Coin Change (for example, $2, $1, 50cents, 20 cents, 10 cents and 5 cents)
In Victoria, driver accreditation is mandatory if you are to offer a Commercial Passenger Vehicle service (CPV) service. A CPV service is defined as any services that carry one or more passengers and charge them for a trip that begins in Victoria. This applies for drivers of taxis, hire cars and rideshare vehicle. For more information, please visit cpv.vic.gov.au
To qualify for driver accreditation, you must have:
- hold a valid Victorian full driver licence for a minimum period of six months.
- be medically fit to drive a commercial passenger vehicle. (Before applying online for accreditation, please complete the medical assessment required available in the Commercial Passenger Vehicle website (cpv.vic.gov.au)
- pass a national criminal history check
- pass a driving history check. (This is only applicable for those drivers who transferred their licence from another state/territory in Australia or New Zealand)
You can apply for your driver accreditation online via the Commercial Passenger Vehicle website (www.cpv.vic.gov.au).
The information is available on the Commercial Passenger Vehicle website. Please visit www.cpv.vic.gov.au